Welcome you to Class 4.
Mrs Sharp is our teacher and Mrs Fry and Mrs Blakeley are our teaching.
Class 4 is used by the Year 5 and 6 children.
As for Year 6 this will be their final year in primary school, we will be preparing the children for their transition to High School.
We will be encouraging them to be more independent and organised with regard to handing in homework, remembering to bring in PE kit, etc.
Year 6's are also expected to take on roles within school; these include assembly monitors, lunchtime table duties and being in charge of playground equipment.
Over the course of the year we hope to study some exciting and varied topics and encourage the children to bring in relevant books and artefacts from home to support these.
- Homework – is given out on a Friday and is to be handed in the following Thursday.
- PE – happens twice a week and children are expected to have their full school PE kit in school at all times.
- Spellings – we have a spelling test every Monday morning.
- Reading – pupils are encouraged to read for pleasure both at school and at home on a regular basis.
- Maths - Number Club and 'Beat that Maths' timed mental maths activities take place weekly.