School Vision and Values
Callow End is a small, friendly, family orientated primary school in the heart of the village.
Children join our Reception Class when they are four and stay with us up until Year 6 when they move on to high school. We are able to take 15 children in each year group and have around 95 children in all.
Children are taught in mixed age classes and we have four classes in total. We also have a small Pre-School which operates five days a week between 9.00am and 15.00pm.
As children move through school we are committed to providing them with high quality learning experiences which develops their knowledge and skills and leads to a consistently high level of achievement each year. We also believe that through guiding children to grow in positive responsible people, who can work and cooperate with other, they will achieve their true potential.
At Callow End we offer a curriculum that is broad and balanced. It is organised into themes and topics where possible and adjusted according to meet the needs and interests of the children each year. Although we strive to ensure our children succeed academically we believe in the importance of developing the whole child and consequently music, drama and sport features strongly in our curriculum.
Our school is situated in a lovely part of rural Worcestershire and learning outside of the classroom is strongly encouraged. As well as a wide variety of trips and visits, older children take part in activities such as Bellboating and an annual residential trip to North Wales.
We also have a Science Garden, Forest School, gardening plots and children have the opportunity to join an Eco Club.
We are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers and value the support they give to school. Our staff are talented, dedicated and caring and together with our Governors work hard to provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere in which all children are able to flourish.
Children Achieving through Lively Learning Opportunities Where
Everyone's Needs are Developed.
At Callow End we provide a welcoming friendly, safe and supportive environment in which Christian family values are central to the ethos of the school and its teaching.
We aim for the children of Callow End CE Primary School to:
- Develop knowledge and skills through an exciting and creative curriculum which fosters a lasting enjoyment of learning.
- Be happy, confident, independent and proud of themselves and their achievements in all areas of their life.
- Show respect and empathy towards others enabling them to make positive relationships with a wide range of people.
- Develop the skills and Christian values to be responsible citizens now and in the future.
- Appreciate our natural world as a source of wonder and inspiration and play their part in maintaining and improving their environment.
- Value our wider school family as a resource for learning, seeing home, school and the wider community as a partnership.