Welcome to Class 3
Mrs Mitchell is our Class 3 teacher, Mrs Powell and Mrs Prior are our teaching assistants. We look forward to working with the children and their parents throughout the school year.
Class 3 is shared by children in Years 3 and 4.
In Class 3 the children cover lots of different topics from Ancient Greece to The Rainforest. They are all extremely fascinating and exciting. Also, it gives the children the opportunity to explore, question and discover.
Year 3 and 4 class photos
Class 3 Routines
- Homework – is given out every Friday and needs to be handed in by the following Thursday.
- PE – we have two PE lessons every week. Full PE kit is expected to be in school at all times this includes; PE shorts, PE top, trainers, tracksuit bottoms for colder weather. Girls will need a spare pair of socks.
- Children in Class 3 go swimming in the summer term.
- Spellings – we have a spelling test every Friday, please read through the spellings with your children.
- Reading – it is vital that children read at least four times a week outside of school. It will really help them to progress in all of their subjects, especially their writing. Ideally, children should read to an adult who can ask questions about what is being read.
WHEN WE BEGIN TO READ, WE BEGIN TO FIND THE WORDS TO WRITE
Find out what we are up to this term. Below is a topic plan of what the children will be studying this half term.
Before half term Class 3 enjoyed an afternoon exploring their own well being. We enjoyed a presentation of inspirational pictures with some beautiful music and then discussed which were our favourites and which scenes helped us to feel calm or inspired. Later we designed our own very special un-worry islands which we could explore in our imaginations. Some of our islands had special places to live such as tree houses, magic caravans, lighthouses or caves. We included people or animals that we could visit and many of our islands had fabulous features such as magical playgrounds, cafes which served unlimited ice cream and pirate ships to explore. After that we went outside to try some cloud watching on the field and played games to help us to work as a team, have fun and stay fit. Back in the classroom we listened to some calming music, sang some of our favourite songs and completed some artwork. It was a great afternoon and we found lots of ways of feeling happy and calm.