Hot school lunches are provided each day by Red Hen Cookery.
As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and food. Our cooked lunches are carefully balanced and nutritionally checked against the Government food standards.
Children are offered a main meal including fresh vegetables, salad, bread and a pudding each day. Vegetarian meals and baked potatoes with a variety of fillings are also offered as an alternative option. Water is provided at the table, but children may bring their own drink if you prefer (no fizzy drinks please).
All children eat in the dining hall whether they have a meal provided by school or bring a packed lunch from home.
Our school dinner menu rotates on a three-week basis. You can read the current menu below:
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches should include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- Only one sweet snack!
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
Please contact the school for more advice or information if required.
All pupils who are in Key Stage 1 (Reception to Year 2) are eligible for free school meals. For more information please contact the school office.
For Key Stage 2 (Year 3 to 6) pupils, free school meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance – Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance - Income Related
- Support under part V1 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
If you would like to apply for free school meals please see Kaye Barter in the school office or apply online on the Worcestershire County Council Free School Meals web page (external link).