Safeguarding and Policies
The safety and well-being of the children at Callow End C E Primary School is our first priority. Children cannot learn unless they feel happy and safe. We adhere to stringent Safeguarding procedures to protect the welfare of all our pupils.
We are committed to:
- Establishing an ethos in which children feel secure, valued and confident of being listened to.
- Giving children the confidence to talk to adults in the school about abuse and to make disclosures to them.
- Providing training for staff in recognising signs, symptoms and behaviour which are symptomatic of abuse and in responding appropriately.
- Establishing appropriate expectations of interpersonal behaviour and helping children to develop strategies to protect themselves.
- Establishing relationships with parents that build on an understanding of the school’s responsibility to protect children (and recognition that this may sometimes require referral of individual children to other child protection agencies).
- Ensuring good procedures and practices in relation to record keeping.
It is the moral and legal duty of all adults in charge of children to be ready to protect children in danger from abuse. Education staff have a responsibility to observe, monitor and refer suspected abuse.
Any member of staff suspecting child abuse or neglect must refer their suspicions to the Designated Safeguarding Lead/Head Teacher, who will then refer to Social Services if appropriate.
It is important that staff are aware that many more children experience abuse than are registered as requiring protection. It is therefore essential that school staff are vigilant in identifying abuse.
Please download the latest copy of our safeguarding and child protection policy using the link below.
Safeguarding Documents (NB 2019-202 Policy to be reviewed by Governing Body on 6/10/19)
This page provides access to policies, forms and other documents that are most relevant to our parents.
For further information or to request documents that are not on this page, or to view any of our policies in paper format, please contact us at school.