Hot school lunches are provided each day by Red Hen Cookery.
As a healthy school we actively encourage good quality nutrition and food. The cooked lunches are carefully balanced and nutritionally checked against the Government food standards.
Children are offered a main meal including fresh vegetables, salad, bread and a pudding each day. Vegetarian meals, sandwiches and baked potatoes with a variety of fillings are also offered as an alternative option. The school dinner menu rotates on a three-week basis. Children should bring their own drinks bottle from home and fresh chilled water is available in school. Please ensure that no fizzy drinks are brought to school.
All children eat in the hall, whether they have a meal provided by school or bring a packed lunch from home.
We also encourage healthy choices for children bringing packed lunches from home. Packed lunches should include:
- Something substantial (such as a sandwich or some pasta).
- Some vegetables or fresh fruit.
- Only one sweet snack!
- A drink (water or fruit juice).
Please contact the school for more advice or information if required.
Free School Meals
All pupils who are in Key Stage 1 (Reception to Year 2) are eligible for free school meals. For more information please contact the school office.
For Key Stage 2 (Year 3 to 6) pupils, free school meals can only be awarded if you or your partner are claiming either:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance – Income Based
- Employment and Support Allowance - Income Related
- Support under part V1 of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
If you would like to apply for free school meals please use this link: