Our last full school inspection was in February 2013 when we were judged to be a good school and outstanding for behaviour and safety.
In December 2019, we received a short one day inspection to check we were still continuing to provide a good quality of education.
We were delighted with the report which stated: 'Callow End CofE Primary continues to be a good school'.
Here are some of the highlights of the report:
- Pupils enjoy life in this caring school and are proud of their school.
- Pupils have a strong sense of looking after others in school.
- Pupils achieve well in school and teachers have expectations of all pupils.
- Parents speak highly of the school and are supportive. Parents who spoke to the inspectors describe Callow End CE primary as a happy school.
- Pupils' talents are developed through a wide range of experiences
- This is a school where positive relationships bring out the best in pupils. Pupils are confident and talk enthusiastically about their work.
- Pupils benefit from an attractive school environment, the school promotes an enjoyment of the outdoors, adventure and team building.
- Pupils say they feel safe in school. The arrangements for safeguarding are effective.
- In Early Years, pupils strive in a stimulating environment and get off to a fast start when learning phonics.
- Pupils behave well in lessons and when moving around the school they are polite and well mannered
You can read the full report below:
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.
Our SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) inspection took place in March 2017 and we were delighted with the result which graded the school as outstanding.
Some of the strengths of the school which were noted in the report included:
- The nine core values make a significant contribution to the exemplary behaviour and creation of an environment, in which children are keen to learn and have positive attitudes towards their work.
- Callow End Church of England Primary School is a church school that encourages all children to do their best and is developing a generation of responsible, well behaved and loving citizens.
- The governors and Headteacher ‘have a very good understanding of the school’s strengths and how it can continue to grow and therefore have an excellent capacity to continue to develop as a church school.’
The full report can be read below: